Friday, October 23, 2009

No Big Plans, But a Good Idea

Wowee, so my friend Anna came up with this delicious sounding cupcake combo... lemon and passionfruit. Oooooheeeeee... as someone who is very keen on the whole soury-sweety mixture, this sounds like a goer, but I'd have to change the name that she came up with for it. Not that the name that she came up with is bad, it just reminds me a bit too much of that song from Grease 'Summer Lovin', which I then start to sing in my head. Which I then start to sing out loud. Which is not a good thing. Oh yeah, I was thinking of calling them 'Sour Times' (with a nod and smile at Portishead.)




Other flavoury ideas that I've had recently both involve some kind of fizzy thing that I'm going to have to do a bit of experimentation with to make work. The first is a bit weird too - lager and lime, which a friend of mine from work who hales from Preston in England introduced me to, and now I can't get enough of the damn stuff. I'm thinking maybe a really lightly hopped beer which I've allowed to go flat, and then use that in a plain white cake base (instead of milk, or maybe fifty fifty), then with lime flavoured icing. It is one of those ideas that will either be full on amazing or crushingly disappointing, no inbetweens. Dunno about names, I'll ponder that one a bit further.

The second idea is Cherry Cola... I know, you're all thinking 'Hon, you love the Eagles of Death Metal, how come it took you so long to come up with that?!', and my answer is because I've only just finished singing it in Guitar Hero 5, and it's just reinforced how much I need to make a cupcakey homage to that song. God only knows how I'm going to do it... but I will. 


Okay, that's enough natter for tonight.  I'm going to give those Sour Times cupcakes a whirl on the weekend (since its a long one, ooooh yeah for Labour Day!)  so I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

NgaioRue said...

Use cherry beer in something I beg you.

ElleJay said...

Dude, where do I get cherry beer from? It sounds... either sensational or very gross, I can't decide.