Thursday, January 06, 2011

Looking a Gift Horse in the Mouth.

Back in December I wrote a bit about how much I hate the gift cycle.  Well, now I have to take it all back, because I loved all my Christmas gifts.  Seriously, how often can you say that?  I mean, yadda-yadda, I know I shouldn't be concerned about gifts, it should be spending time with family, and believe me, I totally appreciate that, especially seeing my sibs again, I love those crazy diamonds.  But seriously, accusations of crass materialism aside, I love getting presents.  Who doesn't?  More importantly, why don't you?  Have you never got a good one? 

Yeah, okay, if you're a someone that's hard to buy for, or you have very strong political beliefs about stuff which comes from certain places in the world, fair call.  For a person such as yourself, I'm personally not above either making something (even if it is just cake), or Felt -ing you something.  Hell, even if I just make you a card (I make pretty much all my cards these days, because I totally resent paying for trite, homogenous sentiment), I'll still do something.  I guess all that might have to take a backseat now that I'm a full time worker and a part time student and a person who might like to have a social life and do fun stuff as well.  Ach well, we'll take it as it comes.

So yes.  All of that was basically in aid of telling you that the Lad got me a copy of the Desert Sessions 9 & 10 for Christmas, which I've been looking for for ages.  It's a CD, rather than a vinyl, which is totally fine with me, because I don't have a record player (despite owning a few records... weird, huh?  It's because I'm a sucker for cover art).  I still don't know where he got it from, he's a very mysterious individual.  Oh, and I'm all excited because I found out last night when the Lad had come home from watching the football with his buds that Queens of the Stone Age are coming on a three gig tour to NZ!  *hyperventilation ensues*  This year is sure shaping up to be a good one so far... hopefully it won't turn around and punch me in the jeans, but hey - I'll take that gift horse, even if it's teeth are rotten and it's got horrible rancid hay breath.

1 comment:

NgaioRue said...

good man that one. I don't normally get great gifts but I think I'm pretty hard to buy for. I try not to put to much emphasis on xmas. Just being with family is gift...haha well for a little while :) I find I get the "what do you want for your birthday and xmas" type of question which immediately puts me off.

one year I said I loved acoustic music...people must of been hanging out for a hint aye cos I got 3 acoustic cds that year.

anyway as always I'm strangely relieved to have xmas and my birthday finished.

This year is going to be great...BDO...TOOL! that's going to be amazing and queens of the stone age well this year is beating down last year already :)Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.