Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Zombie Eaters

I haven't baked in aaaages.  

After all that bingeing on butter and sugary goodness, I hate to say it, but I'm kind of over it (at least for the time being)... sure, I still get in the baking zone, but I'm not walking around covered in flour with a permanent blissed out expression on my face.  I did make a fantastic all-time-awesome chocolate cake (the recipe is from allrecipes.com, it's called Mafioso Chocolate Cake, Dr. Ellejay's recommendation is that you make it and eat it RIGHT NOW), but I didn't have the camera with me, so couldn't be arsed blogging about it.  You know, good excuses like that.

But in saying that, I'm feeling the sap rising again with springtime... plus, I found out today not one but two pieces of awesome news... firstly that Faith No More are coming to my hometown, which nearly exploded my brains with coolness, but also that there is a whole raft of fantastic bands coming to the Big Day Out this year (Muse, Peaches, Mastodon, amongst others).  So that is pretty darn exciting - we've got the Pixies visiting our shores soon too, and Jarvis Cocker, plus all the cool local bands that are either coming back to our shores or continuing to wave the rock flag on the local side of life.  

But aside from that, it's been pretty manic around here lately.  And to be honest, it's only going to get more manic from here on in, but ex-Brownie's honour, I will do my darndest to try and blog about some more baking in the not too distant future.... promise!  Oh Mother, it's Hallowe'en soon too... what more excuse does one need?!

1 comment:

NgaioRue said...

I think I shall try this cake/cupcake. I love peanut butter and chocolate so much, it's to die for